Friday, January 12, 2007

No Crash, No Burn = No Scar?

From Ruixian's Blog:

Life should have more of these mistakes to laugh at, like maybe you slip down the stairs and you're expecting to crash (and burn) badly but you land, thankfully, on your feet, then you can recover from it and laugh it all off because there's no deep scar anywhere.


A very profound statement. Those in love, or who have known true love, could modify it slightly by saying replacing 'you land, thankfully, on your feet' with 'someone catches you in time'.

And yes, I agree with Ruixian, we really need more of these experiences in life. But as time wears on, and your notions of the perfect world around you are slowly shattered, you may start to wonder, after falling and landing on your feet, you can laugh, but can you really recover? Not all scars are visible, and those that hurt the most are usually buried deep down inside.

Last year I met a girl, who was (and still is) vibrant and full of life. 'Hyper' would be the choice of word many would use to describe her. Oddly enough, she says that I am more hyper than her. I do not claim to be like her. She has qualities that I have never possessed. And yes, she sometimes scares me. But why does she truly frighten me? I wonder if it's the intensity that she does things with, the happiness she radiates when she is being hyper. Maybe I see in her a part of me that has died over the years. 8 years can do a lot to a person.

My mother once told me that her friends and colleagues commented that I was an extraordinarily happy baby - I smiled in almost all the photos taken of me. I think I stopped being able to smile for the camera somewhere in Secondary school. I wonder if I will ever stop being able to smile.

Many people make New Year's Resolutions. I think, at least for me, they don't really work. Resolutions can be made at any time, and it helps if there is an event that happened around the time it was made to help you keep to it. New Year doesn't work for me.

Someone once said that, with one SMS, he finally saw a person for who she really is. I have seen this person for what he truly is for quite some time now. But only parts registered consciously. It took a statement from a friend, reminding me of that SMS, to let me clearly see what he really is.

Some would say that now is a good time for me to pick up the pieces and start over. I think I'll let the pieces stay where they are, and patch up the holes with new experiences. I'm not one to bear grudges. But I think the pieces should remain where they are, because I prefer not to forget. No matter what he may tell the world, there are some things I don't have to lie about. And those pieces should remain where they are, to serve as a reminder to me, always. Pieces to be viewed from a distance, because the sharp edges can only hurt when you touch them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home










Lina Pictures!
Pink girly blog no more, but I shall still credit: MYSELF! - Shelly